BISE Lahore Board
Board Of Intermediate And Secondary Education Lahore
INTRODUCTION OF THE BISE LAHORE
BISE (Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education), Lahore is the secondary and intermediate education governmental body in Lahore Division. Location of this Board is 86 Mozang Road, Lahore. Kasur, Okara, Sheikhupura and Nankana Sahib come under the control of the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Lahore.
1. HISTORY OF THE BISE LAHORE BOARD
Since the appearance of Pakistan on the map of the world, the examinations of Matriculation and Intermediate level were conducted under the aegis of University of the Punjab. However, through the proliferation of the Punjab University Act (modification) Ordinance 1954, the Board of Secondary Education, Punjab was established in the province. The first-ever examination for these stages was conducted in the year 1955. The re-construction of the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Lahore has been done through the Punjab Boards of Intermediate & Secondary Education Act 1976.
(i) At the time of its beginning in 1954, the Board inherited vast territorial jurisdictions for conducting examinations in the provinces of Punjab, Baluchistan, Azad Kashmir and Northern Areas. To accommodate overseas candidates, the Board also constituted examination centres at Kuwait and Nairobi (Kenya).
(ii) Current jurisdiction of the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Lahore has been confined to the districts of Lahore, Kasur, Okara, Sheikhupura and Nankana Sahib.
3. NEW BOARDS
Owing to tremendous increase in the candidature, two more Boards were established at Multan and Sargodha under West Pakistan Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education (Multan & Sargodha) Ordinance No.XVII of 1968. As a result of further bifurcation, Boards were also established at Rawalpindi and Gujranwala. The re-construction of the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Lahore has been done through the Punjab Boards of Intermediate & Secondary Education Act 1976 (lately amended by Punjab Ordinance No.XLVII), and presently in the administrative setup of the province, eight Boards are functioning at division level.
4. EXECUTIVE STRUCTURE OF THE BOARD
The Chairman of the Board has main power to control all structure of the Board. All works of the Board is done under the Chairman of the Board. He controls all academic officers and control over the meetings of the Board. Secretary and the Controller of Examinations are assisting to Chairman of the Board in administrative matters as well as those related to examinations.
5. MISSION OF THE BOARD
Mission of the Board is to prepare students to succeed academically, physically, socially and spiritually with a commitment to serve the society. Our education system is based upon a foundation of truth, respecting individuals of varying religious, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Punjab Provincial Education Minister Mujtaba Shujaur Rehman announced the matric result 2012 announcement date after the meeting with chairmen of all educational boards of Punjab province. Minister said, metric 10th class result 2012 will be announced on ______ Student can view their metric result from official website of BISE Lahore.
7. ONLINE REGISTRATION & ADMISSION (MATRIC / INTERMEDIATE )
BISE Lahore year 2010 introduced the new online registration system.
Online Registration Guide at http://www.bisespunjab.com/
8. CONSTITUTION OF THE BOARD
According to Clause 5 of the Act, the Governing Body controlling the whole affairs of the office is called the ‘Board’ which consists of the following members:
- The Chairman
- The Vice-Chancellor of the University, or a University Professor nominated by him;
- All Executive District Officers (Education) related to the area within the jurisdiction of the Board;
- The Director of Technical Education, Punjab, Lahore or his nominee;
- One representative each of the Finance and Education Departments not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary;
- One Principal of a Degree College situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority;
- One Principal of an Intermediate College situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority;
- Two Headmasters and one Headmistress of Schools situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority; and
- Two persons nominated by the Controlling Authority from amongst scholars and retired educationists.
9. Contact information of BISE Lahore
Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, 86 Mozang Road, Lahore.
Phone No: (92) (42) 99200192-197
Fax No: (92) (42) 99200113
Phone No: (92) (42) 99200033-34
Fax No: (92) (42) 99203251